It seems like we’ve been waiting for 2017 forever! Now that it’s here, we’ve got some simple tips for how to make your skincare and beauty resolutions stick. We find they’re easier to follow when we break them down into smaller, more manageable doses.
- Start your day with hot water with lemon, or a splash of apple cider vinegar. And don’t stop there – make sure you’re drinking at least 3 liters of water a day – especially in Colorado. Carry and refill a reusable (BPA free) water bottle with you and stay hydrated all day long.
- Get outside for 10 minutes everyday, and don’t forget the sunscreen. Sun, rain, snow, and wind never stops the postman, and the fresh air will do you good.
- Try keeping a food journal for a day (or a week) and track what you’re really eating. We’re big believers that great skin comes from the inside out. Don’t deprive yourself, but know that sugar and dairy can wreak havoc on your skin (and gut!)
- Skip alcohol (that includes beer and wine) for a week. This will help you rehydrate after the excess of the holidays, and a week is easier to swallow than the whole “Dry January” thing. And who knows… you may end up going for the whole month!
- Never underestimate the power of beauty sleep. Aim for eight hours a night, and go to be when you’re tired. No need to fight to keep your eyes open for that last chapter or ½ hour of the movie. It’ll be there tomorrow, we promise.
Simplifying the steps to making your resolutions a reality is the key to making real changes and a little bit of the above can work wonders. It’s true: We all fall off the wagon…just remember one misstep doesn’t mean you can’t start over tomorrow. Its easy to make 2017 your best beauty year yet!